A Larchmont neighbour since 2004, Tania Thomas is a parent with the insight, leadership skills and rich educational background the Mamaroneck School Board deserves:
- With a 10-year-old student at Central, Tania currently serves as the class delegate and remains active on multiple PTA initiatives.
- Tania also serves on the Board of Directors for a local nature conservancy.
- Tania is a New York State certified teacher with a degree in English/English Language Arts from Hunter College
- Working for Kaplan, Tania has trained public school teachers across the five boroughs of New York City
- A graduate of Fordham University’s Law School, Tania was a Stein Scholar and led a clinic representing low-income clients at administrative hearings
- Living in Geneva, Tania co-founded a playgroup for international parents, growing it to 200 members within six months
- An active member of the French-American School PTA, Tania chaired the 2016 International Night, coordinating subcommittees from 16 different regions. And in 2017, Tania led the PTA’s year-long fundraising activities with a Pizza Program.
“My candidacy is motivated by a desire to see all children in our community have the opportunity to feel safe at school so they can learn, thrive and reach their full potential.”
Only with your help can we bring Tania’s talent and experience to the Mamaroneck School Board! Call to Action